Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Vintage lace, threads, buttons and wooden sewing spool finds

Vintage lace and threads seem to be what I am finding these days..

 Soft pink lace
I haven't completely unraveled the card this was on some areas have some discoloration.  It's still lovely.

Some of these buttons look like Bakelite.

Crochet thread in really nice shade of blue. The outside threads are dirty; inner threads look fine.

 Six wooden thread spools, small pieces of lace and wool darning threads.

Nine yards of scalloped lace; some discoloration.  It's quite delicate

More wood spools, old Watson's sewing needles made in England and piece of cork with a painted face pin cushion.

I have no idea what kind of thread the large golden ones are.  The white ball could be some sort of silk.   The small pink ones are on cardboard bobbins called a "Star Bobbin" style"L"with a patent number listed  made by the American Thread Co.  

Always, a favorite find.  An old oak sewing drawer.  This one has a nice design on one side.

Even with some discolored places this is my favorite lace find.  It has ribbon running through it.

 This Paris, France made embroidery thread box is very cool looking.  I think it would look really neat in a frame.  It's a great blue color which is hard to see because there is some waxed type paper covering it.

I'm going to try to list these in my Etsy shop if anyone is interested. I'm a bit overloaded too keep everything.

5 comments:

  1. These are such great finds. I love vintage sewing supplies. I love it when I find those old sewing drawers too. They are so great for storage in my studio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds. I'm a great fan of sewing items. Reminds me of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The large golden threads are for commerical machines. Great finds! Love it all. Thanks fo stopping by!
    smiles, alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am drooling...especially over the lace! What finds!!
    Warmly,
    Tracey
    x0x

    ReplyDelete